We are looking for creative storytelling projects that seek to drive awareness about climate change as it intersects with other social issues such as water, health, human security, energy poverty and so on. We are looking for projects with the potential to generate strategic impactful change.
Climate Story Lab
We are converging progressive individuals and storytellers to share ideas and co-create concepts that target the development of collective actions to address climate and environmental justice.
Calling All Creatives
We are inviting creative changemakers to the first ever West Africa edition of the climate story lab.
We are focusing on storytellers in Nigeria and West Africa, whose works are rooted in climate storytelling with strong focus on the region.
Projects should be non-fiction films (feature length, shorts, episodic series), immersive and interactive stories or podcasts. Fiction films with a clear climate perspective can also be considered. Projects must be in production, post-production or distribution and outreach stages.
Each creative project selected may be represented by up to 2 team members including the director and/or producer.
Following the impact lab, selected projects will participate in the Climate Story Lab event in October with the intention of sparking collaboration between the storytellers and invited partners that range from civil society, policy makers, academia, researchers, journalists, community activists and community organizers.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be a national of any West African country.
- Submit a project that is in production, post-production or distribution and outreach stages.
- Must be a rightful author or co-author of submitted project
- Be emerging or established creative practitioners using or interested in using storytelling to talk about climate change.
- Commit to attend all components of the Climate Story Lab Lagos.
- Learn about using your creativity and the power of storytelling for impact.
- Learn about the climate crisis in the local context and how to use your voice to address it.
- Network with a cross section of industry professionals in the climate sector.
- Join a community of creative storytellers.
Do you have a project that you believe will inspire people to action?
We invite you to bring your creative skills to the climate frontline.
Complete the form here to apply.
Impact Lab - 3 - 4 October 2023 | Virtual.
Climate Story Lab - 18 - 19 October 2023 | Lagos, Nigeria - in person.
Please complete and submit this application form by September 8th.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by September 22nd.